Monday 8 May 2017

At Long Last - Validation!

Recently wikileaks and various phone-hacking utilities have revealed my name is being spoken of - albeit miss-spelt - in the highest of social circles. It transpires that the world-famous social historian and eminent whovianologist Dr. Keiron Mallet, well-known for his well-balanced views on social trends, the floating of the Australian dollar and the mining of uranium in Kakadu National Forest, has petitioned those in authority to cast a medallion based on me!

To quote the wise and learned man himself:

I'm actually thinking of inaugurating an award called the 'Ewen Campion-Clark Medal' for the worst offenders: those that add precisely nothing on any level to pop culture but instead would have the exact opposite effect if indeed they had any brains or talent.

I, of course, am writhing in a state of nigh-religious ecstasy to know that Mallet focuses so much of his mighty brain power upon my unworthy self, to the point I could be said to be living rent-free in his subconscious and haunting his every moment waking or sleeping like a cross between the telltale heart, the Black Guardian or the xylophone riffs from Baa-Baa-Black-Sheep used in Gotye's Somebody I Used To Know. It is truly wondrous to realize one is so loved and appreciated by those of such social standing.

So below is my feeble attempt to design the medal to the designs of the Mellat genius. I have even decided to follow his naming convention. Why indeed should I spell my name any other way than a superior intellect has deemed it to be so? After all, I'm not the one shagging his wife twelve times a night, am I?


Look upon my work, ye mighty, and marvel like the bitches you are!

I am so happy, but it's not easy having a good time.

Even smiling makes my face ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment